Confused to decide which one to buy between the two?
Differences Between the JioFi 2 and JioFi are as follows
- The revised variant sports a mere 512 MB LPDDR RAM in comparison to the decent 2 GB LPDDR2 RAM of its predecessor.
- ROM capacity has also been significantly downgraded in the new model. The original JioFi 2 features 4 GB of NAND storage, while the current JioFi only has 1 GB of NAND memory.
- The older JioFi 2 has a smaller dimension than the latest one. However, the new model is a bit slimmer with a thickness of 15.2 mm in contrast to 16 mm of the original version.
- The newer JioFi looks a lot different than its predecessor. While the JioFi 2 has a glossy paint job, the newest one sports a matt finish.
- Another notable change is seen in the battery department. The 2300mAh cell of the JioFi 2 has been replaced with a 2600mAh unit in the later model. However, the battery performance has actually degraded in the newer one. While the first variant has a rated battery life of 8 hours, in the revised version it is just 5 hours.
- Speaking of the total number of devices that can be simultaneously connected to the wireless modems, once again, the newer model lacks behind its predecessor. 31 gadgets can concurrently connect to the JioFi 2 via Wi-Fi, while it is just 10 in the latest variant.
- The Wi-Fi signal strength and coverage are considerably improved in the newest JioFi.
Older JioFi 2 has full sized Mini-SIM slot whereas the revised version sports a Micro-SIM one. However, Reliance packs in a Micro-SIM to Mini-SIM adapter with the previous model.