Hello, guys if you want to change your facebook page name, but Facebook did not allow you to change facebook page name then here we are available to give some tricks to change your facebook page name easily.
Change Facebook Page Name
Going back to before two years, Facebook allowed admins to change their Facebook page name before the page hits 200 likes. Once the page had 200 or more than 200 likes, it was nearly impossible for the admin to change the page name. Now the trend has changed and therefore overcoming such limitations, we are going to share the trick for how to change page name on Facebook.
We are sure you must have tried earlier as well to change the page name but alas! You must have encountered the error, and therefore you are here. In the post, we will also highlight the common troubleshoot as well as errors faced while changing the Facebook page name.
Page Name or Username?
Guys, it’s high time we need to clear the doubts between the two since many of Facebook page admins are confused between the two. Your Facebook page name and username are a different thing; page name can be seen from under the profile picture or let’s say DP and the user name which is also known as URL or the address of the Facebook page can be seen beneath the page name.
In short, page name means the title and the username are the address of your FB page. When someone tags your page, your page name will appear as tagged but not your username.
How To Change Facebook Page Name? (Procedure)
For everyone, whether new admin or already experienced one, while you are creating the page on Facebook, the first thing will be asked to you is to name the page. Maybe on the experimental basis, you must have named ABC, and now while you are selling the ideas or products on the page and you are receiving positive reviews, you would like to change the Facebook page name.
Now since you have already decided to change Facebook page name matching your business, products or the ideas, follow the steps provided here.
- On your Facebook page, click on About from the left side.
- Besides the name, click on edit.
- Enter a new name or the desired name for your Facebook page. Approximately you are allowed to enter the name within 75 characters.
- Click Continue and verify the information you have entered is correct or not.
- Now click on Request Change.
The Facebook team will revive your request to change the Facebook page name, and within three days, your request will be approved. If necessary, the team may contact you for further verification. You will receive the approval email from the Facebook team for the change of Facebook page name. The changes made to the Facebook page name will be visible to your fans and audience. They will receive the notification for the said changes.
Error Message/ Unable to Change Facebook Page Name
This is the most common issue faced by the admin of the Facebook pages while changing the name. Looking at the problem, there are possibilities for you are encountering the problem. Following are the common reasons-
- You have changed the Facebook page name recently like within the last seven days.
- You are not the authorised person to work on this action. To do so, kindly check with the page admin to grant the permission.
- Many users are creating the other or fake FB profile to manage and administer the Facebook page. It will be wise of you to add and sync your real FB account with the Facebook page as an admin to change the Facebook page name.
- There is a set of verification procedure for your profile as a Facebook page admin. You need to look and carry out the verification process first to confirm and approve yourself as admin.
Name Change Denied? Why?
If not error, then the chances are you denied for changing the Facebook Page name making you wonder all the time why Facebook did so? There are, again, set of rules and guidelines to be followed designed by the Facebook team.
- You might have violated the rules set by the Facebook team. Facebook does not allow or entertain the abusive terms or phrases in the Facebook page name. If your newly changed name request includes the terms which are against someone’s right, again your request to change Facebook page name will be denied.
- Ensure there are no grammatical errors like capitalisation of the letters, symbols or improper punctuations.
- Do not enter the long slogan or descriptive page name. Try to keep it short. The description can be entered to the about section of the page.
- If you are using word Facebook, make sure you do not make any variations to it. To know more check out Brand Resources.
- Do not use such words which can mislead the audience, thinking it as an official Facebook page.
- From the verification process, the team ensures that there are no fake Facebook pages or names.
- Do not only include generic words like Cricket. The page should be managed and handled by the official, authoritative team or person related to the topic.
- Kindly do not create the name based on generic geographical location like California. You can create the unique one which includes the generic geographical location name although like Citizens of California, CA.
For all these changes, Facebook takes some time to make on the page because of the verification process and trying to check upon the need of the request. We have observed many times that when the business-related Facebook name is changed to the new one, Facebook takes time and view no connection establishing between the old name and the new one. To overcome this limitation what you can do is, change the username first- address of Facebook Page name matching to the original name of the Facebook page which requires no verification and then submits it for the request to change the Facebook page name. This solution should work out since it has for many users and admins.
Change Username – Procedure
Once you have created the Facebook page and after producing the name for it, Facebook will generate the default username for the page which can be later on changed according to your wish. The default Facebook page username would look like this- www.facebook.com/Your-Page-Name-Here-2398613149875123. Following this username for your Facebook page is difficult to remember and also for your fans it is tough to look on the site.
Earlier, Facebook had restricted the Facebook page admins to change the username for two times. The second chance was the final one, so admin had to be very careful while creating or modifying the username for the second time.
Now it seems Facebook has overlooked the limitation and therefore you can change your Facebook page username whenever you want and however you want your audience to remember.
- On your Facebook page, on the left side click on ABOUT
- Beside username, click on EDIT
- Within 50 characters you can set the new username. (for the better readability it is suggestive for you to capitalise the first letter of each word)
- Facebook will cross verify the unique username you have entered and if it shows available, check the spelling properly.
- Click on Create Username.
- Update your list and link now with the new one replacing the old.
Can’t Change the Username/ Error while changing Username
There are specific rules laid down by the Facebook team for changing the username, and there are possibilities you must have violated it. You can check those rules on the Facebook help centre tab.
You have to make sure the username you have entered is unique and different. You cannot use the username of other profile or Facebook page.
The username has to be five characters long including no generic terms and extensions like .com, .net
For the username, you can only use alphanumeric characters, i.e. A-Z and 0-9 or from symbols, full stop. Although capitalisations, and the period “.” does not count as the part of the username.
To create or to change the username of the page you must be admin.
You should be aware of the guidelines laid down by the Facebook team and follow it to avoid error while changing the username for the Facebook page.
One thing you should be aware of is until your Facebook page has received 25 likes, as an admin you will not be able to create the username.
- Under this method, you have to make sure you are the admin of the page and follow the guidelines as laid down. This method has to be assembled from the PC.
- Log in to the Facebook page you own and click on ABOUT visible from under the Facebook cover photo. Do not worry if you don’t find from under the picture, from the left tab, click on PAGE INFO.
- Click on PAGE NAME option> EDIT from the right side.
- Enter the NEW NAME for your Facebook page. Make sure to enter the name for the final time as it cannot be undone or changed again.
- Click CONTINUE from the bottom of the page. Before you click, continue, make sure to check the spelling of the new name for the Facebook page. Now click on REQUEST CHANGE, and it will be taken into consideration by the Facebook team.
- Just in case if you do not find the option to edit or change the Facebook page name, the chances are:
- You are not the authorised person to change the Facebook page name. Kindly contact the admin of the page.
- Recently you or another admin of the page have changed the name.
- Maybe the option to change Facebook page name is not available in the location you are residing in.
Under this method you have to change the location to the USA as the feature to change Facebook page name is availed to the citizens of the USA. To change the location, install the HOLA PROXY, chrome extension on the browser.
- First of all, download and install the HOLA PROXY on the Google Chrome browser.
- After the installation of the extension, open Facebook on the same browser.
- From the top right side corner of the browser, click on the HOLA PROXY extension icon.
- Select the USA under country. The location has been changed now to the USA from whatever it was previous.
- After the location is changed to the USA, your Facebook will refresh itself. Now you can log in to the Facebook page with the required credentials.
- Now go to the page which has already more than 200 likes.
- On the Facebook page, click on UPDATE INFO and then on EDIT NAME
- Click on REQUEST CHANGE which was not visible before you changed the location to the USA.
- Right-click on it and launch it on a separate tab.
- You will receive a form on the screen, “I NEED TO CHANGE THE NAME OF MY PAGE”. Click on I UNDERSTAND THE FORMATTING THE GUIDELINES FOR MY PAGE’S NEW NAME.”
- 11. Change Facebook page name according to your desire. Make sure to check the number of likes you have on-page before changing the Facebook page name. From 2017 it is compulsory to have minimum 200 likes on the page to enable the option for changing the Facebook name.
- Provide the authentic reason when asked the question WHY YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR PAGE NAME. You can select any option from the suggestive drop-down list. As per our suggestion, select I AM RE-BRANDING MY PAGE option to avoid hassles.
- Create a list of reasons for why you want to change the Facebook page name and update the doc on Facebook. If needed, you can even upload the snapshots of your business website.
- Click tick on the box and then on send button.
From the Facebook team, you will receive the message prompt saying; YOU WILL RECEIVE AN
- EMAIL RESPONSE SHORTLY.
Within 2-3 days, your Facebook page name will appear changed.