The Memo field will not print in QuickBooks Online
The Memo field will not print
The ability to print Memo field depends on where the memo was originally entered, as it doesn’t always print. Below is a summary of where/when a memo will print. Any memo fields not listed here are not going to print; therefore, if you need the memo field to print, please see the list of forms that will generate the memo to print and which ones do not and are for informational purposes only.
Memo will appear and print:
- Create Invoice: Appears only on customer statements
- Enter Sales Receipt: Appears only on customer statements
- Enter Refund Receipt: Both on the check/cheque and customer’s statement
- Enter Credit Memo: Appears only on customer statements
- Pay One Vendor/Supplier (Bill Payments): Appears on printed bill payment checks/cheques.
- Write Checks/Cheques: Appears on printed checks/cheques.
Memo will NOT appear: (Information purposes only)
- Enter Charges: Does not appear on customer invoices
- Enter Bills: Does not appear on printed bill payments ( Alternate option: You can use the reference number field for up to 21 characters)
- Enter Vendor/Supplier Credits: Does not appear on printed bill payments ( Alternate option: You can use the reference number field for up to 21 characters)
- Enter Credit Card Charges: Never appears on printed checks/cheques or customer’s invoices
In order to get the memo from the Enter Bills form into the Bill Payment Check/Cheque you will need to manually enter it in:
- Select Expenses from the left menu.
- Select Expenses at the top and click Pay Bills.
- Click on the bill you would like to pay and have the memo print.
- Once the bill opens, make a note or copy the Memo: field; click Save.
- In the Pay Bills screen, click on the box next to the bill you just copied the memo from.
- Enter the correct amount in the Payment field if not already specified.
- On the bottom click on the Save and Print button.
- In the Print Checks/Cheques Setup screen, you will see the check populated to pay your bill, click on the Bill Payment check.
- In the Bill Payment screen type or paste in the memo into the Memo: field.
- On the bottom click on the Save and Close button.
- On the Print Checks/Cheques Setup screen click on the box next to the desired bill payment check/cheque.
- Verify the Starting check/cheque #: field is correct.
- Click Preview and Print.
The memo now shows in the Memo: field of the check/cheque to be printed.